Monday, January 24, 2011

My Italian Side

I'm starting to think I have to have some Italian blood in me, I love their food way too much. (seriously, I'm crazy about it).

I made this lasagna a few days ago, I froze most it, and finished off my leftovers today.  It was delicious and super easy.




Gather all of your supplies (word from the wise, do not walk off and let you egg fall off the counter...it will break.  I may or may not have had this happen to me)


Cook the noodles and let them dry on a paper towel.


Mix together the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and egg. 


In a different bowl mix together the cooked beef (for a quick way to cook beef, just stick it in the microwave and every few minutes or so take it out and chop it up) and the sauce.


Layer a spoonful of meat in the bottom of the dish.  Place a layer of noddles and then another layer of meat.


Layer with more noodles.

Some more meat and then half of the cheese mixture.


 Add another layer of noodles.


And then top with the cheese mixture and shredded cheese and cook.


YUM!



And knowing that my freezer has all of this waiting for me makes me very very happy!


Lasagna


8-12 Lasagna Noodles
1 Pound Ground Beef
16 oz. of Cottage Cheese
1 Egg
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese (mozzarella or colby jake or whatever you choose.)
1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce

Boil water and cook the lasagna noodles.
Brown ground beef.
Combine cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and egg.
Drain water from the noodles and lay on a towel to dry.
Add the jar of sauce to the browned meat.
Spread a spoonful of sauce in the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan.
Layer half the noodles, then half the sauce, then half the cottage cheese mixture.
Repeat.
Cover with 2 cups of shreeded cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Recipe found at Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment