Thursday, January 27, 2011

Medicine Bottle Makeover

If you are anything like me, you are always looking for something to do with those bottles you get your medicine in (I have tons and I hate the thought of throwing them away).

I finally discovered the soultion to that problem. I decided to jazz up the bottles and use them to store items that I'm always looking for a container for (buttons, money, safety pins, etc).


You will need paint, a medicine bottle, Mod Podge, a brush, some fabric (you can use paper if you please), and some scissors.  You can also decorate your bottles with glitters, stickers, buttons, or whatever your heart desires.


I started by painting the top and allowing it to dry.


I also painted the bottle because I didn't want the label to show through the fabric.



Cut a piece of fabric large enough to cover the bottle (you can trim later if needed).


Cover the bottle in Mod Podge.


Place the fabric on the bottle and trim it as needed.


Then cover your fabric with more Mod Podge and allow to dry (especially before you put the top back on the bottle).


I added buttons to mine by using a hot glue gun (you can let your imagination sore).



Now, gather up your medicine bottles and get creative!



No comments:

Post a Comment