Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Glimpse Into Where I Invest My LOVE And My LIFE








"Where you invest your love, you invest your life."  --Mumford and Sons

Nestled in the hillside of southern Kentucky, I have found my haven, my love, my passion.  For three years, I have dedicated my summers and numerous weekends to supplying courageous kids and their families a retreat from the complicated life of a medically fragile child.  The Center For Courageous Kids in Scottsville, Kentucky has allowed me to invest in others and receive so much in return.  I have seen first hand the magic of watching a child for the first time feel like they are "normal," develop friendships with peers that have similar obstacles, and being told that no dream or challenge is too big.  There is nothing better then seeing the smiles of the campers, hearing the laughter and cheers, and watching the odds be defined.  CCK is where I am able to WORK hard, PLAY hard, and LOVE hard.

If you are looking for a place to INVEST your time, money, or supplies, take a look around at www.courageouskids.org.  You won't regret it!




No comments:

Post a Comment